Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Knott's Berry Farm... and other stuff


We spent a very fun day at Knott's yesterday. The highlight of the day had to be the carriage ride. We wanted to ride it because Liam LOVES horses and he would get so excited whenever they would trot by with other riders. What I wasn't expecting was to see my life flash before my eyes. I seriously thought we were going to die. These horses were not trotting. They were full on running. And they were trying to run off in different directions and kept bumping into each other. They were foaming at the mouth and shaking their heads flinging saliva everywhere. We were sitting on the top of the carriage right behind the drivers with nothing between us and death except for an old seatbelt that we all shared. We survived, obviously, but it was quite wild. Needless to say, Liam loved it.

He also loved his new gun belt his Grandpa and Grandma bought him. He's been wearing it all day today.


The tree we bought Liam has been decorated and relocated due to being knocked over and spilling water all over the carpet. I won't name any names but let's just say it's a certain someone who enjoys drinking a pretend cup of morning coffee.

We took our Christmas pictures on Sunday and we got a couple of good poses out of it for our cards but it wasn't my favorite session. They were super crowded. (Note to self: next year's pictures should be taken on a weekday in November). So they were running very behind and then they rushed us through our sitting. A sitting which, by the way, began with Liam in tears due to the photographer grabbing and tickling him when we first walked into the room. Seriously? Why would you do that? I understand that she was trying to make him smile but I, personally, don't smile when strangers run up to me and grab my stomach while making high pitched tickling noises. We weren't even posing yet! Ok, enough on that. Let's move on to the fact that we told them we only wanted Christmas pictures taken with a festive background, not with a neutral one. I was so busy consoling Liam that I didn't even turn around until we had already taken about 5 pictures and noticed we were taking pictures in front of a grey background that looks like the one they use for yearbook pictures! Grrr! But, they eventually took some Christmas pictures, Liam eventually calmed down and gave a couple of shy smiles, and we, luckily, used a coupon that made our session super cheap! I'll have to post some of the pictures on here that we didn't purchase because they are pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment