Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baby Dedication


Brygit was dedicated on Mother's Day. In our church we don't perform baptisms. Instead, we do dedications. The pastors say prayers for the baby and the family and then the family and the congregation vow to teach the child and raise her in accordance with Biblical principles. To me personally, it is a time for us to publicly thank God for blessing us with this child and to promise to do our best to raise her well, to love her, and to always remember that she belongs to God and it is our responsibility to help her become what He wants for her. It really is very special and we have done this with both of our children. Here are some pictures.






Liam's dedication was December 13, 2009. I didn't have the blog back then so I'm posting pictures now. I also, obviously, had a crummy camera and it was on zoom which made it even crummier.



This last one was taken at the Spaghetti Factory after service but I thought it was interesting that he was making his "teething face" when Brygit just started cutting some teeth as well. She has been a little difficult to live with lately and her bottom gums are displaying two white bumps. Fingers crossed they come up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment