Friday, June 21, 2013

Gratitude

 
 
 
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." -Melody Beattie
 
 
 
Today I am grateful for my husband who takes the kids to the park while I take a much needed nap. I am grateful for my in-laws who lovingly care for my kids so I can spend time alone with Paul. I am grateful for the opportunity to walk with Paul hand in hand through the grocery store as we make a bee line for the junk food we plan to consume without the kids present. I am grateful for closed chapters that allow new ones to be written. I am grateful for an exciting future. I am grateful for Liam's little legs draped over my lap in the mornings and his hilarious attempts at saying words he has never heard before. I am grateful for Brygit's toothy grin and her emerging speech. I am grateful for a quiet morning, the arrival of summer and the anticipation of good news.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your pics and thankful heart crazy blessed me this morning.

    Kinda of liking our momma notes. I do hope you'll join us again and link up. Wanna join us? Slip your fave recipe, notes of encouragement, birthday pics, all things gloriously mom, into the link up. Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-new-to-do.html

    Be blessed bunches,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete