Liam's class hosted a Mother's Day Tea yesterday. It was incredibly adorable. The kids recited poems and sang songs about their moms and I was holding back tears the entire time. Liam came out of the classroom and escorted me to his seat by my hand, pulled out my chair, and then served me some amazing homemade desserts. He had made the placemat I was sitting at and there were other little gifts he gave to me. It was quite the production.
I had a great time but my favorite part of the whole thing was how excited he was about it. No joke, on May 1st, he flipped his calendar that he keeps in his room and yelled out, "It's almost Mother's Day! It's almost Mother's Day!" I don't think anyone has ever been so excited about Mother's Day. He woke up the morning of the Tea and told me, "Today is your lucky day!" It made me so thankful for his generous heart and his sweet spirit. He gets so excited about seeing other people happy and giving gifts to others. I have always said that when it comes to personality Liam will always be my challenge. Not because he misbehaves but because he has little quirks that aren't always easy to live with. But, I must say that, in other ways, I'm the one who is on the receiving end of this relationship. I feel so privileged to be his mom.
Also, these gifts kill me. Big and far away!? Never.
Adorable, I must tell you on Sunday he was still excited about the tea. He made sure to tell us all about it while he made his craft in class. He is a very sweet boy!
ReplyDelete