Sunday, June 28, 2015

Berries and Goats

 
In case you haven't noticed, I'm all about tradition. The kids and I have gone berry picking in Oak Glen every year since I was pregnant with Brygit. Sometimes Paul is able to come with us and sometimes he isn't but I always love venturing up the mountain in the heat to get a few fresh strawberries. This time around we were warned that the crop was pretty much done but we went out anyway. As it turns out, they were right.
 
The kids flocked to the goats and sheep and fed them a few pieces of hay through the fence before we went into the strawberry patch. We sifted through the entire crop while Brygit complained about being thirsty and her pinky finger hurting for some reason. We got a few baby berries then went into the spiky blackberry area where the birds were eating all the good berries and I got bit by a horse fly before heading back to the goats.
 
The goats proved to be the highlight of the trip this year. Well, them and the chocolate caramel apples we came home with.








No comments:

Post a Comment