Hello, hello! I'm not even going to pretend I tried to blog over the past few weeks. I just honestly haven't. Every now and then I think I might but I just don't. For some reason, October has finally given me the itch. I decorated my house for fall, bought ridiculous amounts of festive candy and have already bought a couple pumpkins. Somehow, that makes me feel like blogging. So, let's go back a bit. Way back to August when this little guy turned 6! Six, people! It wasn't an easy one for me, that's for sure. But we celebrated anyway! Liam got to open an early present from us since he went through his first week of school with no tears. He didn't cry, but I did. I didn't get a present.
Then, on the day of his actual birthday we ate in the trolly at the Old Spaghetti Factory as requested.
And opened more presents.
That weekend we had family over for a Minecraft themed birthday party. If your six year old son has ever requested such a thing, you should know that there are no Minecraft party supplies so you will be going it alone. Paul was in charge of the cake and, if you're a Minecraft fan, you'll notice that its pretty darn accurate and adorable. Complete with a lava pit, waterfall, and candle "torches."
On my end, I used a lot of Sharpie.
And Liam was in charge of the welcome sign for the door.
He ate pizza, opened gifts and then got to be the "caller" for Minecraft Bingo (one of his favorite things to do).
Having a six year old is definitely a different world. There's a lot of homework and a ton of video game playing followed by a lot of homework nagging and video game nagging from me. And then there's at night, just before bed when I read to him until my throat hurts and he's begging for just one more chapter. Then I say goodnight and I hear him call through the dark, "I love you. See you tomorrow!" And all I hear is my sweet little baby. Six years old or not, he's still just my baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment