Here we are again! This week's flashback is the very first photo ever taken of Paul and I together! Not very flattering, but there you have it. I'm not sure we were prepared to take a picture but I really don't remember.
Can you San Bernardino and Fontana natives tell where we are? We were at Sundowners (yummm!). We went there A LOT when we were first dating. It's one of Paul's favorite places to eat and, for me, well, it's grown on me. I almost equally enjoy it these days but it's an aquired eating experience. I think the cafeteria style dining is what was throwing me off before. Carrying steak and potatoes on a cafeteria tray just doesn't feel right at first. "Sundowners. It grows on you!"
Anyway, what I love about this picture is that I remember how nervous and excited I was to even be standing next to him. How awkward we were around each other and how my palms were always sweaty. How I ate much more slowly so as to look more lady-like. How both of us had A LOT more hair.
Five years of marriage and a kid later, I still feel the same way. Well, I don't sweat and I'm not very nervous but I am still so head over heels! I miss him when he's not around, I'm always thinking about him, and I get really excited whenever I see him. As for him, he has now seen me scarf my food, go back for seconds and thirds, and finish it off with a burp. Now that's what I call true love!

You have a fantastic writing style :) Its easy to follow along with your stories, I feel comfortable reading your posts. ...is that a weird thing to say? Haha
ReplyDeleteI totally remember those days! Isn't it great to still get butterflies?
ReplyDelete