Thursday, January 13, 2011
Me at 19
I've decided to link up with this other blog to participate in Flashback Fridays. I love browsing through old photos and I love the stories that go along with them so I'm excited to start this!
This photo was taken when I was around 19 years old. I'm not sure where we were going or coming from but I am sure that we were having a blast! These were what I like to refer to as my "party days." On the outside I was a very responsible 19 year old. I went to school full time, got pretty good grades, held down a part time job, and was a member of a cheerleading team. I answered to my teachers, bosses, teammates and parents (though they didn't always know where I really was or what I was really doing). But, really, I was free to do as I pleased and I took full advantage. I hadn't yet learned what real responsibility was and I was immature and naive. I think most 19 year olds are.
Some days, when I feel like I'm drowning in all of my responsibilities I remember those days and I wish I was back there. I wish I could run out the door, jump in my Ford Escort, throw on my Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits CD, and drive down to the beach at a very unsafe speed to dance the night away. Most days, when I walk past this photo (it's framed on my desk at home) I smile. I remember what it was like to not have to care about anyone else but myself and I'm so grateful that those days led me to where I am today. I'm so happy that I now have people to care for and who care for me and I'm grateful that my irresponsibility turned into lessons learned. More than that, I'm relieved to not be 19!
Labels:
Flashback Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOL! What a sweet photo and memory. I'm SO glad I'm not 19 anymore!! Sometimes I wish I could have had the perspective I have now back then, maybe I wouldn't have been in such a hurry to grow up.
ReplyDeleteI totally had a Ford Escort when I was 19. It was bright purple. And my best friend had one, hers was bright blue. Everyone always commented on our matching neon colored cars. It was ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteI miss being 19 sometimes, too. Your picture reminds me of my best friend, and all the fun that we used to have. *sigh*
(And welcome to Flashback Friday!!)