Our night in the hotel went really well. Liam kept playing with the phone, picking it up and saying, "Hello? Giraffe? Bye Bye," and in the morning we had breakfast at the hotel where he ate "cupcakes" also known as muffins.
Our second day was spent mostly at the San Diego Zoo where the weather was incredible. It was much better than the Safari Park and was a lot less walking and on much more level ground.
We walked around for the first half of our day and visited the exhibits. The giraffes remained Liam's favorites and I'm pretty sure they became ours as well. They are pretty incredible.
After nap time we took a bus tour which drove us around the park and stopped in front of the exhibits so you can see most everything in the park. I'm glad we took it even though we had pretty much already seen everything because we got to see the animals doing different things. Like, when we saw the polar bears earlier only one of them was out and he was sleeping in a cave. When we drove by, he was in the water playing with a ball and the driver stopped for us to stand and watch for a while. It made us get on the Skyfari (an aerial gondola) and head straight for the polar bears after the bus tour.
Oh, and we stopped by the petting zoo on the way.
We spent the rest of our evening hanging out and taking pictures in the helicopter they have at the polar bear exhibit. Paul and Liam were having a bit too much fun so we headed back to the hotel, ordered pizza, and headed home the next morning. We had a really good time and I'm so glad we purchased a membership because I'm positive I want to go back.

Look how cute he is!! I bet you had a hard time getting them out of the helicopter.
ReplyDeleteWe love zoos and try to visit ones when we travel - made to the SD zoo once and loved it.