Monday, May 2, 2011

Yard Work


When Paul and I bought a home in the desert we were excited to have a yard that didn't have grass. We thought it would be a nice change to not have to water as much or mow. Low maintenance was what we thought we were getting. Three years later, the wood chips have broken up and blown away, some plants have died during snow storms, and the weeds... don't get me started on desert weeds whose roots wind around like mazes throughout the entire yard. The plants that were flourishing were mostly Rosemary. Very pretty but attracts swarms of bees. I have a very serious, very irrational fear of bees and Liam doesn't, which puts me very much on edge. I begged Paul to get rid of the Rosemary which got his wheels turning. He hates pulling the constant weeds so he decided to kill it all and plant grass. Yesss!! Our project is moving very slowly but we almost have everything pulled out of the yard and I think we just may be ready to plant in a couple of weeks. In the meantime we are enjoying our outdoor family time where Liam digs with daddy and pulls weeds with mommy, and walks around holding large weeds in his hands and referring to them as trees.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I love that first picture so much! I am so excited to be outside too!

    ReplyDelete