A few years ago, the gym I worked for hosted a State Line turnaround trip as a fund raiser. Paul and I were dirt poor and I mean dirt poor. We barely had enough money to pay for the ticket and we brought along twenty bucks to play with. That was our budget. We rode a bus all the way to Nevada and we couldn't spend more than twenty dollars. I had never gambled before and I never will again. I had no self control. We wanted to stretch our twenty dollars out to last us all day but I started "feeling lucky" and began throwing down five dollar increments on Black Jack machines. Our precious twenty dollars was gone in about twenty minutes and the ATM started calling my name. Paul slapped some sense into me. Well, he didn't really slap me but he talked me off my ledge and we spent the rest of the day window shopping and watching everyone else win and lose tons of cash. Then, we gave in and bought a movie ticket to make the time pass faster. And, apparently, we took some pretty cool pictures.




Ah, I HATE gambling. I mean, I love it, but- losing is just so hard.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right, you DID take some awesome pictures.