I've been thinking a lot lately about how much my life has changed since quitting my job and staying home to raise a baby.
So many things are so very different from what they were just two years ago. My mornings are spent at playdates and parks instead of at a computer gulping down coffee to stay awake. My afternoons are spent reading and resting while Liam naps instead of reading and resting on my lunch break. My evenings are spent on the floor playing with Liam while simultaneously cleaning and making dinner instead of sitting in traffic. And my nights are spent cuddling Liam off to sleep and trying to fit in a conversation with Paul before the snores begin instead of leisurely watching TV in bed.
It really was a tough transition though I make it sound like a piece of cake. I guess I'm leaving out the whole sleep deprivation/ responsibility for a growing person part but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll choose singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at the library playgroup over pushing paperwork any day.
I hear you with this... it is so much better to be a mom.
ReplyDelete