Monday, April 18, 2011

Honesty


I try to make this blog as upbeat and positive as possible but, at the same time, I feel a pressing need to be completely honest. So just know that I don't like complaining and I'm not trying to be negative but I want my life to be portrayed as accurately as possible. That being said, I've had a very rough couple of days. Wow, I'm sure no mom has ever said such shocking words, right? I can't really pinpoint exact issues. It's more of a combination of a ton of things. Paul's four day weekend turning into a two day weekend, me not feeling very well, and Liam testing me like there's no tomorrow. It went a little something like this. I woke up feeling horrible, depending on Liam being on his best behavior and on having some help from Paul the next day. Then neither of those things happened which caused me to act like less than the perfect mom and wife. Then I felt guilty for not being the perfect mom and wife. Then I cried. Then Liam saw me cry and I swore I just traumatized my child by crying in front of him. Then that made me feel even more guilty and horrible and on the cycle continued. Any of you mommies ever have a day (or week) like that or was I really being as crazy as I felt? I'm going to go ahead and blame those pesky hormones and move on to a happy topic. 


Paul's weekend finally came, Liam is behaving as well as a 19 month old can be expected to behave, and I'm feeling a bit more on top of my game thanks to a much needed spa pedicure. We were sitting on the couch relaxing yesterday when we realized that Liam was using his farm animals as building blocks. Actually, I don't really know what he was doing with them. Sometimes, I wish I knew what was going on in that gorgeous blonde head of his.


1 comment:

  1. I have been there... it doesn't take a big thing... sometimes it is all the little things piled up that can really get you. Hope that things are looking brighter now.

    I wish I too could hear what is going on in their little heads. I am sure it is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete