Sunday, July 3, 2011

Home project #2

I left off the last post talking about my love of the color orange. That leads me right up to my loft/ playroom project where my accent wall is no longer orange. :( let me explain a tiny bit. When we lived in San bernardino we painted our bathroom a bright orange. It was fun and different but also a bit much. When we moved we toned it down a bit with a deeper orange color only on the back wall of the loft. I loved it and it went really well with our pool table/ future game room ideas. When we began work on the playroom we quickly realized that it was clashing with all of our ideas and our "primary colors" cholor scheme so we no longer have that orange wall. It's blue! We used a dark blue we had left over from Liams room and it is bringing the room together nicely. The pool table is down, the blue paint is up, book and toy storage is in, some wall art is hung, and I think we are in the home stretch. We need to hang the curtains that we bought from Ikea along with some decals we purchased from Babies R US, we need more wall art, and I really want to paint the blinds white but that seems like a big job so I'm going to wait to see if the curtains help at all or if they make it worse. Here are some pictures of our work in progress.

These are the curtains that aren't yet hung on the blue wall below.


I love these Disney prints mainly because Paul made them but also because he made them with Liam in mind. Liam loves Mickey Mouse and Paul knew that he would enjoy looking at them and he really does! He always points to them and names off all the characters. I'm not sure we will leave them by the window once curtains are up but we will see.



These are my ikea spice rack $4 book cases. I got the idea from pinterest.com and I knew I wanted to copy. Liam is loving books these days and having the books facing forward makes it so much easier for him to pick one out and to clean them up.



These are the new cubbies.


And here is the art corner complete with supplies and Liam's original works.

I want the room to feel organized and I think we are succeeding. One wall is the art wall, one is the reading wall, and the third is the play wall with lots of floor space in the middle for big messes. I'm so excited about how this room is coming together and how inexpensive it has been. But I'm especially excited about all the memories we will make in it!

1 comment: