Saturday, July 9, 2011

Home projects #3 and #4

We have a front lawn, people! It was a lot of work but it's finished and we are loving it! It took us week after week of spending an hour or so at a time pulling out the plants, ground cover and weeds. Then it was finally time to lay the sod! It just so happened to be the first piping hot day of summer and everyone was completely exhausted and fried (especially Paul and his brother) by the time they were finished. We really have the most amazing, generous family who drove up to work their butts off without payment except for pizza. My nephew and niece both worked so hard and I must say that when I was their age I would have been sneaking off into the air conditioning every chance I got. They were amazing. At one point my sun-kissed niece looked up from her filthy shoes, wiped her brow and started giggling. She said, "I feel like a slave!" and I don't think she was that off. I'm sure there are child labor laws that should have prohibitted her from doing such hard work. I knew it was worth it though when half way through Paul pointed at the middle of the yard and said, "This is where the Slip N Slide will go!" He brought our goal back into view: a safe, clean, pretty place for Liam to play free of thorns and bee infested Rosemary. But still, for the back yard, we are hiring workers!




And that brings me to our next and final home project which is a fairly recent one. I get to design another nursery for another little one! We are expecting baby #2 at the end of February 2012! The day we found out was the first day we actually played on our new lawn and I snapped a few pictures to document our excitement and anticipation! Ok, well really, the sun was just setting and the light was too good to pass up so I used the excuse to whip out the camera.





1 comment: