Last year I wrote this post about my attempt at telling Liam the Easter story. I wasn't as successful as I hoped but this year is a completely different story. My mother in law gave him a wooden craft kit that helped tremendously. We colored all the little characters and talked about who they all were then I acted the story out for him. He keeps asking me to tell him the story again and again and I think he actually understands the events even if he doesn't grasp the importance.
He has recently been showing interest in our faith in other ways as well. I have been praying with him at night before bed so every night after we read stories he reaches for his lamp cord and before he pulls it he says, "Say Jesus," which means he wants me to pray.
He even participated in communion a couple Sundays ago when he was too quick for me to stop him from reaching for the bread. Then he talked about it for days after saying, "remember when Jesus broke the bread?! That was fun!"
He has also been reading a lot from his children's bibles and he likes hearing all of the stories repeatedly. He also likes holding the bible with one hand because "that's how they do it on Beauty and the Beast." He may still be a bit confused.
Also, when he's stressed he says, "Jesus, help me," which I'm sure has less to do with Christianity and more to do with repeating things his stressed out mom may say.
No comments:
Post a Comment