Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spending Time


A few days ago I had planned to take the kids to the children's story time at Barnes and Noble as I occasionally like to do. We were running late and I was rushing around trying to feed and dress everyone. Then, just as everyone was ready to walk out the door, Liam asked if he could hold Brygit. My first reaction was to say no and throw him in the car but then I realized we were way too late to make it on time anyway so I gave up my plans and sat and watched my babies interact with each other instead. It was way more fun than any of us would have had at the bookstore and I learned a huge lesson.

I always schedule things to do with Liam to keep him (and me) from going stir crazy in the house. I want to take him places and show him new experiences. There's definitely nothing wrong with that but sometimes it's better to just go with the flow. It's ok to stay in our pajamas a little longer or play at home for the day. It doesn't make me any less of a mom. If it allows for precious bonding time, it may make me a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment