Wednesday, August 13, 2014

First day of Kindergarten


Liam had his very first day of school today. And it was definitely an emotional one... for me. I have so many reservations about sending him to school at such a young age for full day Kindergarten every day. I woke up at 3:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep because of all my nerves. Liam, on the other hand, woke up at a decent hour and held no reservations about heading to school. Paul and I fussed over his lunch and whether he would have enough to eat or if he could open all the containers on his own. We repeated reminders about speaking up and asking for help when he needs it and made sure he knew his lunch was in his backpack and that we would drop him off at the playground but couldn't go in and that he knew where the bathroom was. On our walk there he commented that, "everyone sure is forgetting stuff and repeating everything today." Yeah, we were kind of a mess. 

He is lucky enough to go to the same school with his cousin and be in the same class as a girl from his preschool and a boy from his baseball team so he ran off onto the playground as we watched from afar with the other paranoid parents. We picked him up from class and he was absolutely exhausted. And it was only a minimum day. I can tell this is going to be a big adjustment for us all but I'm encouraged that his favorite part of the day was, "all the parts."





No comments:

Post a Comment