Saturday, August 23, 2014

Kindergarten tears and rainforest dinners


I'm going to try to cover a lot of ground in this post since I haven't found the time to blog in recent days.

First, I need to announce that I have aged like 10 years this past week. Liam has attended 8 days of school so far and he has cried 5 of those days. Sometimes from the moment he woke up until the moment he arrived. And once, periodically throughout the day at school warranting a phone call home. Knowing he was so unhappy was/ is seriously heart breaking. I'm pretty sure I have shed more tears than he has. He has been gradually getting better at going and I have been gradually realizing that even when he does fine, I still feel physically nauseous and like an emotional wreck because dropping your first born off at full day kindergarten feels like you're slowly being murdered from the inside out. Or am I alone in that emotion? 

Either way, it's been rough. I found solace this week in celebrating Liam's birthday. We promised him dinner at the Rainforest Cafe so it gave us all something to look forward to in the middle of the week. It was his turn to take home the class "pet," Callie Bear, and take her on an adventure so she joined us in the Rainforest. 




Brygit was a little in love with Callie Bear but, luckily, Liam was willing to share both his bear and his birthday cupcake.



He was also the "star of the day" at school where he got to be line leader and teacher's helper and I was able to bring cupcakes to the class and see a small portion of his day. 

I really am just so proud of how brave he is and how hard he tries. I miss him so much during the day and the sweet things he says when he's upset like, "please think about me today," seriously melt my heart (and possibly contribute to the aforementioned internal murder I have going on).

No comments:

Post a Comment