It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, isn't it? I completely understand that it is, in fact, still November and that Thanksgiving is tomorrow but we still have been busy decking our halls and preparing for my favorite holiday season. But I do believe that we would miss out if we passed over this special time of the year. Thanksgiving I mean. I believe that we should think of gratitude just a bit more than shopping and sales, and even Christmas. Christmas is a season of giving but I really do believe that thankfulness puts our heart in the right place for giving. It makes us happy, it makes life slow down for a bit as we notice what we have all around us, and it brings us closer to God. I have been venting a lot lately. To Paul, mostly, the poor thing. And, let's face it, venting is just a fancy word for complaining. And complaining often leads to feeling discontent which, in turn, leads to feelings of ingratitude. It may not happen that quickly but, eventually, it always seems to end that way. And when you have hard time finding things to be thankful for, your mind and your heart are truly not where they should be and you will find yourself an unhappy person. My personal goal is to complain (or vent) less and show gratitude more. At any time of the year. So, on this beautiful Thanksgiving, let me say that I am so thankful for my family, our home, our way of life, God's grace, the love and support I have, and for the hard life lessons I am learning in this season of life. And, really, so much more.
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Be Thankful
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, isn't it? I completely understand that it is, in fact, still November and that Thanksgiving is tomorrow but we still have been busy decking our halls and preparing for my favorite holiday season. But I do believe that we would miss out if we passed over this special time of the year. Thanksgiving I mean. I believe that we should think of gratitude just a bit more than shopping and sales, and even Christmas. Christmas is a season of giving but I really do believe that thankfulness puts our heart in the right place for giving. It makes us happy, it makes life slow down for a bit as we notice what we have all around us, and it brings us closer to God. I have been venting a lot lately. To Paul, mostly, the poor thing. And, let's face it, venting is just a fancy word for complaining. And complaining often leads to feeling discontent which, in turn, leads to feelings of ingratitude. It may not happen that quickly but, eventually, it always seems to end that way. And when you have hard time finding things to be thankful for, your mind and your heart are truly not where they should be and you will find yourself an unhappy person. My personal goal is to complain (or vent) less and show gratitude more. At any time of the year. So, on this beautiful Thanksgiving, let me say that I am so thankful for my family, our home, our way of life, God's grace, the love and support I have, and for the hard life lessons I am learning in this season of life. And, really, so much more.
Labels:
Christmas,
gratitude,
Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment