Finnlay is a wonder, the way he interprets things is absolutely out of this world! The things he says and the stuff he does is so crazy! And all that shows that he understands very little. It is so adorable, and honestly, it makes me jealous of him. Everything he sees is a wonder to him, if its as big as a truck or as small as a ladybug. When he was little, we changed the term "stop to smell the flowers" to "stop to pet the grass" because that was what he would do!
Another thing he sees a little differently is God. Once he was really constipated and mom prayed with him, and they asked Jesus to get Finn's "rock" out. After it was all over, mom was talking to him and she said, "Jesus got the rock out!" and Finnlay asked, "Are you Jesus?"
Just recently I was sword fighting with Finn and all of a sudden he yelled, "I'm Jesus!" I was so confused, but I decided to just ignore it. After he said it a few more times, I finally figured it out. Earlier I had said, "on guard!" but he thought I was saying, "I'm God!" So at least he knows the relationship between God and Jesus.
And in all that misunderstanding, there is a bucketload of innocence. Finnlay was riding his plasma car around the house one day (which he does often), and he asked Grandma Anna if she wanted a turn. She politely rejected his offer and he said, "ok, you'll do it when you're a baby next time" He obviously doesn't understand age, time, or death. Man, that must be nice.


No comments:
Post a Comment