Monday, March 21, 2011

Gymnastics



Liam takes a Mommy and Me gymnastics class on Wednesday afternoons and it is seriously so much fun. Liam loves going and I'm always so surprised at how much he learns and remembers. It has been really good for him to learn basics like waiting in line and following directions. It's also good for him to be around other children and to interact with other adults he isn't familiar with. Not to mention how helpful gymnasics is for developing motor skills. Anyway, I haven't been able to take pictures because I'm running around with him (and sweating more than him) the whole time. So I went to the Monday class instead of the Wednesday class last week so that Paul can come watch and snap a few pictures for the scrapbooks. The lighting is pretty bad in the gym and he was trying to take pictures of a fast moving object (Liam) so some of them are blurry but you get the picture.


He starts by stretching his legs.


And his wrists


He does the splits. (Makes me laugh every time.)


Then he usually wanders off while they take roll.


Then they do stations that include bars (or beam sometimes),


forward rolls down the wedge,


(I usually have to restrain him from running head first into the next station when there is another kid at it.)


back walkovers,


spring board, then the vault (not pictured).

It's so much fun and oh so very cute.


1 comment:

  1. that looks like so much fun! I am on the hunt for some mommy and me classes.

    ReplyDelete