Thursday, September 29, 2011

Another zoo trip... but with a crazy deer


Paul has gone back to working weekends which leaves Liam and I alone on Saturdays, usually with no plans. Last Saturday we went to the Hesperia Zoo with some friends and we had a really good time. Last time we went there it was freezing cold and this time it was almost unbearably hot but it was well worth it. Liam's favorite part is still the petting zoo portion where you can feed the animals. They have this deer that runs around freely. Last time we were there he kept following us and smelling our hands to see if we had food for him. This time he was a bit more forceful. He kept nudging us, almost knocking Liam down a couple of times, he kept chewing on our clothing and the stroller, and he made it almost impossible to feed any other animal. We would give him some food every now and then to appease him but most of the time we were dodging him.





Liam would reach up to feed an animal and that deer would swipe the food right out of his hand. He kept telling him, "No, Reindeer!" But he didn't listen.



I eventually got a bit tired of it and started "boxing out" like a basketball player playing defense. I held him behind me while I shouted to Liam to hurry up and feed the other animals all while attempting to take some decent pictures. I think I succeeded but I was a bit sweaty by the time we were finished and we were both ready to leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment