Liam recently got some cousin play time in due to a new addition in our family. We are so excited about our new niece and look forward to watching her grow and mature.
On our home front, I've been feeling the need to do "something." Anything. I don't think nesting comes this soon in a pregnancy so I won't call it that but it is definitely a need to keep my hands busy. Sometimes I attribute the feeling to the fact that February feels so far away and other times I attribute it to the fact that February is coming way too fast. I'm already 18 weeks (nearly half way through) and with the holidays coming up, I feel the need to get things done before our lives get too busy. However, I totally painted Liam's nursery about this time when I was pregnant with him and I didn't have any of those excuses reasons. Paul says that maybe what I'm feeling is why pregnant people are always depicted knitting hats or quilting blankets. Not a bad idea.
Anyway, I went through Liam's old baby clothes looking for neutral outfits and white onesies. I came up with a couple of items but not much. Liam had a great time, though, walking around with tiny hats and gloves on.
We killed our brand new grass. Not to worry, though, it's growing back slowly but surely. We actually had to mow it again this week which is a great sign. I'm pretty sure that short bar is on the mower for this very purpose.
Liam's new favorite toys are guns. I'm not quite sure if I think it's cute or scary but he's all about shooting people. He has perfected the art of getting shot himself and he often asks us to shoot him so that he can keep practicing. It's very realistic and probably the most "boyish" thing he does. This outfit is a staple in the evenings. Diaper, pajama top, cowboy hat, play Black and Decker goggles, and a gun. Occasionally he will throw in the gun belt, guns in both hands, and a rocking horse. Paul is so excited to "finally" be able to play cops and robbers with his boy and it's pretty fun to watch. On days when it's just us, though, I'm not a big fan of playing dead repeatedly. I usually tell him to the shoot the dogs since they are always up for a good game of chase. This kid really needs a sibling.
Love his "Uniform" - so cute.
ReplyDelete