Thursday, September 15, 2011

Our first introduction to Baby B





On our third attempt at finding out the gender of our child, we were finally successful. Well, the ultrasound tech was successful and our little bundle was very cooperative. When she told us it was a GIRL my eyes got a bit misty. I was so overjoyed at the prospect of having a little girl and at the fact that we didn't have to wait any longer to know that I told the ultrasound tech that I wanted to hug her then I made her show me what she saw from about 4 different positions to make sure she was positive. It's such a relief to be able to imagine my child more accurately. I think that is what was bugging me so bad about not knowing. I imagined a million different posibilities. Liam playing with a little brother or Liam playing with a little sister, two football players or a football player and a cheerleader (not that they can't choose what they want to be... this is just my imagination), painting the nursery pink or re-using Liam's blue, reusing EVERYTHING or buying some new. You get the point. It just felt like there was a lot up in the air and as exciting as guessing can be, I just really wanted to know. So we found out, called our families and headed straight to Disneyland to celebrate.






We bought her first pair of Minnie ears that day and a few days later I made her first hair bow purchase. I have also decided on crib bedding (I think) and I'm feeling so excited that I can actually plan for these kinds of things. Instead of just looking forward to the fun parts of this pregnancy I can now look forward to holding her in my arms, giving her her own little space in our home and introducing her to Liam. We have decided to name her Brygit Mae (Brygit because we just really like that name and we decided to spell it the Polish way and Mae after my mother's middle name) and Paul coined the nickname Baby B. I love the sound of it and I have just been over the moon since that first introduction.

1 comment: