Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ribbons and Bows


Brygit came home from the hospital with a bow on her head and it has been that way ever since. At the time, I thought it was cute and I quickly learned that it was also necessary. She has been called a boy several times. Even recently, when she was wearing a white and yellow shirt with a denim skirt, a passerby remarked to me, "Two boys, huh?" I let Paul handle that one. It is always so awkward to say, "Nope, she's a girl!" I mean, I think she looks like a girl but I guess you never know with bald babies. Anyway, the girl can rock a mean headband so she has quite a collection. Recently, however, her hair has been getting a little longer. It started to stick out through the holes in the lace headbands and she was getting some pretty incredible hat hair with the thick elastic bands. Plus, her head is getting pretty big so she was outgrowing some of her headbands. Needless to say, it was time to shop. I found these headbands at Summer Flower Clips on Etsy. I LOVE them. I think they are so adorable and they work perfectly. The thin elastic headband works so much better for this inbetween stage of finally growing some hair and they stay put so much better. No more slipping until you find a flower sticking out of her forehead. I loved them so much that I bought a million of them for a friend's baby shower. There are over 30 colors to choose from so you can't go wrong. Plus, the more you order, the less expensive they are. Downside: Brygit grabbed the flower one evening when she was getting tired, pulled it back, let go, and smacked herself in the face like a sling shot. She hasn't done it again so I guess it was a quick lesson to learn.




No comments:

Post a Comment