Thursday, October 18, 2012

The big move


 
We found a place to live that we believe will suit us well. We were looking for a home in a good neighborhood, preferably with a home owners' association, that is smaller than our home now, though not too small. One that has enough room to play but not so much that cleaning it feels daunting. A home with a nice, landscaped backyard. Closer to family, of course. We were picky to say the least. Just when we had decided on a house that was a little out of our price range and not quite what we wanted we stumbled upon this one. It is perfect for us. Our deposit is in and we should be moving in less than 3 weeks.

There has been a lot of give and take involved in our choice and I'm confident that what we are gaining from this move is so much more than what we are giving up. Whenever I start to doubt or I start to feel like staying here wouldn't be so bad, something always happens that quickly brings things into focus. Just last week I was reminded of how difficult it is to drive 45 minutes with 2 babies just to see family. Then I returned home to yet another loud neighborhood party that prevented Brygit from sleeping. Let's just say I'm ready to get out of here! Time to pack!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment