I am now allowed to drink soda and log onto Facebook and you know what? I don't feel a strong desire to do either. I have already done both and neither have been that exciting. What else can I give up for 40 days? No, seriously, I'm so glad I took this opportunity to turn everyone off, reconnect with God and my family, clear my head and remind myself often to pray, relax and take life one precious moment at a time. I'm also thankful for the change in mindset I have experienced and for the support of my husband on those days when he received texts that said, "I'm going to have a Coke. Talk me off my ledge."
Our Easter week was perfect. We celebrated early since Paul worked on Sunday. The Easter bunny paid a visit to our house on Thursday and the kids were very excited. Well, Liam was excited and Brygit was confused and very serious about her egg finding duties.
Our Easter week was perfect. We celebrated early since Paul worked on Sunday. The Easter bunny paid a visit to our house on Thursday and the kids were very excited. Well, Liam was excited and Brygit was confused and very serious about her egg finding duties.
On Saturday, I took the kids to our neighborhood Easter hunt where they met the Easter Bunny himself.
This really happened. Brygit was immediately freaked out but Liam just wanted to know where his glasses were since the bunny last year wore glasses. Umm... he had Lasik?
Easter morning I took a few photos before heading to church and more egg hunts.
We spent the afternoon with my in-laws where we found more eggs and watched the cousins play. We missed Paul terribly and Liam was pushing my buttons so I was extatic when his precious blonde head hit the pillow that night.




























No comments:
Post a Comment