A few weeks ago I read in a Lent study book about how the author always asked his kids what their favorite part of the day was at night before they went to bed. He said that he would also ask himself the same question just before falling asleep and he learned that he could find good in each and every day. I wanted to start this practice but I have only remembered to do it about 3 times. Last night was one of those times. Liam said his favorite part of the day was playing on the iPad (lame!), I said that my favorite part was playing with the kids in Sunday School and watching them both actually participating (then I quickly added that having donuts with my coffee that morning was a close second), Paul said that he enjoyed waking up before Liam and then cuddling in bed with us all before starting the day (which was actually the day before but he's over 30 so I'll give it to him) then we all shared our ideas of what Brygit's favorite part might have been. I said it was probably an extra long nursing session she had, Liam thought it was probably playing in the bath with toys and Paul thought it was the fresh strawberries she enjoyed at dinner. We all kissed goodnight then went about our normal bedtime routine. When I finally went to bed I asked myself again what my favorite part of the day was and I had to say that it was discussing our favorite parts of the day. The four of us finally sitting still, close to each other, all smiles. I can't think of a better way to end the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment