When I was a mother of just one I was pretty good at doing arts and crafts with Liam. I taught him at an early age that crayons were for paper only and there was a time in our lives when we played with sidewalk chalk daily. He was never a baby who wanted to make messes or who ate glue so I never had a problem with getting crafty. Then Brygit came along. Now she pushes every OCD button in my body. I have been known to push her high chair onto the tile floor at mealtime, put a bib on her and then look away and hope for the best. As for crafts, she has eaten a few bites of chalk and has rubbed red paint all over her hands and face. She has eaten the erasers off of all Liam's pencils. I also have some chalk rubbed into the carpet in the playroom that I need to clean out. The day before Mother's Day I let the kids color some printable cards for their grandmas. I put them outside and helped Brygit along. This was her first experience with markers and she loved it. She didn't do too bad either. She wanted to use all of the colors and she only scribbled on the table once and ate the markers twice.
No comments:
Post a Comment