Liam had his first field trip with his school yesterday. It was a trip to the pumpkin patch and he has been excited about it all week. Of course he woke up feeling very under the weather and we tossed around the idea of staying home but he just would not have it. I have to admit that I was pretty darn excited about it too. It was my opportunity to spy on Liam and see how he interacts with his teacher and classmates. I have been so curious. As it turns out, field trips aren't all that fun. Especially when you bring a toddler with you. There was a lot of waiting around and there were tons of kids since the whole school was there. I had a hard time keeping track of where my own children were and both of them were pretty fussy. Brygit because of nap time approaching and Liam because of his cough. I was surprised when all the other moms were talking about how much fun it was. I just kept thinking I can't wait to try it again when Paul is off work and we aren't with a million children. That being said, I think the kids had a blast.
P.S. The pumpkin patch workers were all crazy about making sure the kids keep their hands below their waste while feeding the goats. Apparently, the goats were super hungry and they go for your hands so if you put them up, you will die. Talk about stressful.
No comments:
Post a Comment