Wednesday, October 2, 2013

We have a runner!


Funny how this post was already written and ready to be published when Brygit re-injured her foot this morning at the park. I won't go into detail about how I was an hour away from home or how she screamed and cried the entire car ride making Liam (and me) cry as well or how it took a six foot five man to help me hold her down during x-rays or how I had to hold her on my lap while I peed because she couldn't walk or how incredibly horrible it is to see your child in pain. No details here. Just a fun post about Brygit when she used to run...

I finally have a toddler who thinks it's funny to run from me in public. Liam went through a short phase like that but, mostly, he was too scared to venture too far until he got old enough to understand that if he can't see me, I can't see him. Brygit, on the other hand, has no fear. She gets in these moods sometimes where she just has to run. She won't listen to you calling her and if you head in her direction she just runs faster. Laughing hysterically all the way. As nervous as this makes me, I find myself laughing along because I just can't help but smile at this mischievous, happy face.


No comments:

Post a Comment