Tuesday, October 1, 2013

More gratitude

 
 
Over the past few months I have been learning so much about living with a thankful attitude. I recently came across this quote by JFK.
 
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John F. Kennedy
 
This is exactly the lesson I am learning right now. How to "act" grateful. I never said I was good at it. I only said I am learning how important it is.

I am learning to look my children in the eye more often instead of looking at my phone so much because I am so grateful that they are with me. I am learning to spend money more wisely because I am so grateful I am provided for. I am learning to make my marriage a high priority because I am so grateful for my husband. I am learning to speak more positively about my home because I am so grateful to be living here. Replacing my complaints with thankfulness is not an easy thing for me to do. But, when I do it, I am happy, content, and constantly surprised at how much God has given me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment