Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Roly


Liam's new favorite thing is collecting a daily Roly Poly to carry around with him as a pet. He puts it in this little bug house we found in the dollar section at Target and keeps it with him practically all day. There was even a meltdown in the car one day when we thought that Roly escaped. I have convinced him that he is only allowed to pet his bug outside because the idea of one running loose in my house creeps me out. Every night he has a routine where he goes back outside to release his little friend back into the wild and every night it upsets him. He always says things like, "He was following me back in the house. I think he wants to stay with me," or, "I just loved him so much. He was my friend." He goes outside and hunts for friends for his roly poly and one day I saw Brygit trying to get an ant to crawl up her finger claiming that it was a "friend" for the "lady bug." Luckily it's just little bugs he is capturing and not yet lizards. I don't know what I'll do when that day arrives.




No comments:

Post a Comment