I know I've talked before about how much of a wimp I am when it comes to inclement weather. How when it drops below 60 degrees I pretty much declare it a snow day. I've chalked it up to my spoiled Californian heritage but, honestly, I think I hate summer here more and more with each passing year. For someone who used to say that summer was her favorite season, I have become a person who completely stops functioning when temperatures soar past 90. So maybe I'm just a wimp. That being said, I love the nostalgia that summer brings. (By the way I know it's barely spring but it's 91 degrees at the moment and there's only 8 weeks left in the school year. It's coming, people). I love the memories I have of running through sprinklers and having water fights with the neighbors and playing outside until it got dark and working on my sandal tan lines. So my goal is, of course, to give my children the opportunity to have those same fun memories while attempting to keep myself cool and comfortable. Sounds possible, right? Well, I have a little list running of fun day trips I want to take as a family before Liam starts kindergarten in August. It includes a little camping and fishing along with some use of our Sea World passes and some trips to local zoos, museums and beaches.
Add to that some of the measures we have already been taking like pool days, watermelon and tea parties in the shade and I think we will survive.
What are your summer plans?
No comments:
Post a Comment