Liam has been making some pretty fun preschool memories. Now that the year is pretty much winding down I thought I should share some of his recent events. His school hosted an Art and Science fair a couple of weeks ago that I seriously could not pull the kids away from. The students' art was on display all around the school and there were art and science stations where the kids can make a craft or do an experiment and then there were carnival games and a cupcake truck. They were on Cloud 9.
Then Liam was finally chosen for his turn with "Piggy." It's kind of like a Flat Stanley thing where his teacher has a stuffed pig that gets to spend a week with each kid and they document Piggy's adventures in a journal that goes along with it. Let me say, it was one rough week for this mom. Seriously, Piggie almost died... multiple times. My kids went nuts for this pig. Not the millions of stuffed animals they have in their rooms. Just this pig. They fought over him, slept with him, carried him into Costco and spilled a sample of salmon on him and finally cried when they had to part with him. I have never been so happy to see a toy go.
Last week Liam got to take a field trip to Riley's Farm in Oak Glen which is where we do all of our berry and apple picking. It was fun to see him learn what life used to be like back before technology. They made their own candles, went on a horse drawn wagon ride, went inside a log cabin, performed chores and then he and I made a pit stop for a dark chocolate Heath caramel apple. I just couldn't leave without one.
No comments:
Post a Comment