Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Color Orange

Now that I have more one on one time with Brygit, I have the opportunity to work with her on learning colors and shapes and whatnot. I looked into doing a preschool curriculum online with her and I found some pretty amazing (and free!) stuff on Pinterest but I decided to take it a bit slower and just personalize some fun learning activities with her. This week, we have focused on the color orange. I am planning on doing orange and black with her this month because, well, obviously it's October. We start each day by listening to the "Orange Song" on Youtube then we do a little orange activity. Yesterday we hunted around the house for orange objects and I helped Brygit take a picture of each one (a little cell phone photography lesson never hurt either). We printed her pictures out and glued them on a piece of paper to be put in a color book we will eventually be making.



Today we did a little cutting. 


And tearing.


And we glued the scraps onto a pumpkin shape.



Oh, and we played with these.


I love how Brygit gets so excited about doing things together and making things like brother gets to do at school. And I hope she's learning a little too.

No comments:

Post a Comment