As each year comes to a close, I like to take a moment to look back on some of my favorite parts. I'm mushy that way. I asked Paul what he thought about 2014 and he and I agreed that the most prominent characteristic of this year was how fast it went. Definitely the fastest year yet. So fast, in fact, that we had trouble remembering the highlights. Pictures always help me in that regard which is why I take so many so I looked back and remembered how fun this year was.
Liam played his very first season of T Ball, caught his first fish (and a couple more), finished preschool and started kindergarten, spent the summer crossing items of a list, caught and released many rolly pollies and has started to read and write.
Brygit turned 2, learned her colors, developed a much larger vocabulary, weaned, potty trained, stopped napping, and has been, in general, learning a lot and starting to understand the world around her. Not to mention, she's been having a ton of fun.
Paul started a new position at work at he beginning of the year and has been doing training after training it feels like. Most recently, his job sent him to EMT school and he passed the licensing exam and graduated just 2 weeks ago. He's my hero and I don't know how he does so much.
My days usually revolve around the kids. I drive, attend play dates, help in liams class and in the school library. But, this year, I have been doing more for myself. I have been working out, I read 19 books this year which I haven't done...ever, I refinished my hutch which I am very proud of and Paul and I have had some pretty fun dates alone.
So even though this year was fast, it was definitely full. We have all learned so much, become better people and have made so many memories. I head into 2015 wanting nothing... Except for maybe time to slow down a bit.

No comments:
Post a Comment