Christmas week was pretty busy for us. I felt like I didn't take enough photos of it all until I plugged my camera card into the computer and realized I had over 200 photos of Christmas. Unfortunately, I opted to use my zoom lens in my poorly lit living room which gave me a lot of blurry photos with as quickly as the kids were moving. But I do have a few favorites to post.
We started a few days before Christmas when we let the kids finally exchange the gifts they picked out for each other. Brygit couldn't keep a secret so Liam already knew what he was getting and they both could not wait another day to tear into them.
The next day we had Christmas with my side of the family. We ordered pizza, drank hot chocolate and the kids got a ton of new toys to play with while they waited for Christmas morning.
The following day we made cookies for Santa and we exchanged our annual gifts of pajamas and ornaments.
We ended up with a full family set of elf pajamas. (It was planned). I am nice enough to not post a picture of Paul wearing his on the internet. But, seriously, just imagine it. It will make your day.
On Christmas Eve we got dressed up for our church's candlelight ceremony followed by a ton of fun with Paul's side of the family.
The kids got to open even more gifts.
Then we went home and waited for Santa to arrive. Liam woke up at 2:30am asking for Christmas and then again at 2:45. He gave me quite the scare but we, luckily, didn't hear from him again until morning. The kids set out like 10 cookies for Santa but it was too much for him to eat and they were a little disappointed he didn't finish his plate.
Then, finally, Christmas arrived and we got to watch the kids tear into their presents.
Afterward, we had breakfast and gifts with my in laws. They made a race car track in their backyard and got the kids pedal cars to drive around. It was a huge hit.
Then we came home and tried out the kids' new bikes. Liam sat side saddle for this picture and it cracks me up every time I look at it.
Brygit took a super long nap before joining us. We then had an amazing Christmas dinner with family before calling it a day. We had a great time and Paul is now off work for the next two weeks to help us as we recuperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment