I totally realize that I have gotten pretty bad at posting on here but it's only because I have been busy being a mom and all that entails. AND we are finally allowed to celebrate my favorite time of year which is the real reason. We have been busy eating gingerbread men, looking at lights, shopping, wrapping, singing, drinking hot cocoa and trying to complete some of the many traditions we have developed over the years. We have written to Santa,
our Elf on the Shelf brought the kids new elf pajamas,
Brygit and I spent a morning naked crafting (on her end) a new wreath for our door,
and, most recently, we decorated a gingerbread house.
This is the first year in a long time that Paul hasn't had a December vacation and, obviously, the first year that Liam is also gone every day so we haven't been able to do all that I would like. That being said, a friend recently said that our children won't remember all that we did at this time of year but they will remember how they felt. Did they feel rushed and stressed, was life hectic, or did they feel cozy and calm and happy? For that reason, we haven't been running around as much as we have in the past. No late nights driving long distances to look at lights with crowds of people but, rather, following Santa as he drives through our neighborhood on a fire engine, finding the best lights in our neighborhood, having the kids pick out gifts for each other to help them learn how much fun it can be to give, you get the picture. We are having a blast and I hope you are too!
No comments:
Post a Comment