Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pierced ears, amusement parks, awards and loose teeth

 
I remember the first couple of weeks after Brygit was born, my blogging hobby took the longest hiatus it ever has. Until now, that is. So I'm going to do a little catching up before I get much farther behind. Also, 99 percent of these photos were taken with iPhones because, apparently, my camera has taken a hiatus as well.
 
First up, I'm not sure I ever mentioned that my little girl got her ears pierced in December shortly after Christmas. She had been on the fence about getting them pierced because Paul was encouraging of it and I kept telling her how bad it was going to hurt. She became pretty insistent one day so we headed to the mall and let her watch a couple of people go before her. She kept saying she wanted earrings and she wasn't going to cry. She picked out a pair of Hello Kitty earrings then she had both ears pierced at the same time. She did cry, of course, because it hurts like heck but she got the pink sucker she had her eye on and then moved on. They are now completely healed and ready to be changed whenever she wants.
 

 
In January, Paul and I took a trip alone to Knott's Berry Farm to ride roller coasters without the kids. It was probably the most fun we have had on a date in a long time.



But, it was so much fun that we had to bring our kids back a couple days later. They had an equal amount of fun and they keep talking about it. Also, Liam rode his first roller coaster and loved it which is really saying something. I'm always so amazed at how mature he is becoming.
 

 
The highlight of the day was when these cowboys called Liam out to do a quick draw. I should post the video because it's pretty adorable. I guess I should figure out how to do that one of these days.







 
The first week back to school Liam received his very first award for academic excellence in Language Arts for mastering sight words and reading skills. I was so incredibly proud of him and the certificate is still on my fridge.

 
This was also the first day the flu/ cold hit our house and it kind of hasn't left yet. Is that bad?

 
Mr. Smarty Pants soon met another milestone by losing his first baby tooth. Another is on the way out as well.

 
Now, we head into T Ball Season and a little someone in my house is turning three in a couple of days. More posts and, hopefully, pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment