Monday, January 31, 2011

rock en espanol



Last week was one of those weeks. The kind where you know you just have to put your head down and push through it and deal with the mess when it's over. I'm now dealing with the mess- the literal mess of my house, the laundry, the antibiotics, the shopping, the bills, the phone calls, the errands, the sleep. But I'm oh so glad it's over! I thought I'd share a very bright moment that made my week a tad more bearable.

I was in a funk and felt like Liam and I both could use a little fresh air so we went out back to play with the dogs. Our neighbor was in his yard as well but he didn't hear or see us over the fence. He tuned his stereo to Spanish rock and started singing at the top of his lungs. My first reaction was embarrassment. What if he sees me? What if he hears Liam? (This wasn't the first awkward moment I've seen this neighbor in. I once saw him in his yard crying inconsolably when he found his dog dead in the back yard. Not that I haven't ever cried when my pets have died but it's a strange feeling when you witness an intimate moment like that with someone you barely know.) I was just about to swoop Liam up and sneak inside when he started rocking out. Liam, that is. He started dancing and singing and when the song was over he applauded wildly shouting, "yay!!!" Apparently the neighbor didn't hear him because he carried on through about three more songs and Liam continued to enjoy his private concert.


My mood immediately changed and the dishes in the sink, the bags under my eyes, and the pounding headache all took back seat to my backyard dance party. So there you have it. The cure for a bad mood is Spanish rock!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely try that the next time Mo or I or both of us are in a bad mood. I wonder if you have to be involuntarily serenaded by a spanish speaking neighbor to make it work though. 'Cuz that my be a bit tricky to pull off. :-D

    I'm loving your blog, Lori. Keep it up! I know how hard it is to find the time and inspiration to write some days, but I also know how much people appreciate it.

    P.S. Liam looks so much like Mora in that last picture that it's blowing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Reading this left a smile on my face. Now off to my dishes:)

    ReplyDelete