Friday, February 4, 2011

History Repeating



This Friday, in honor of our 5th anniversary, I'm flashing back to our honeymoon. January-February 2006. I was sooo sick. We were on beautiful Catalina Island in a private condo and I spent half of it in bed. (And not in a honeymoon way. What!? Don't be sick!) These days have been on my mind so much lately because history has repeated itself.


We celebrated our anniversary this year by exchanging gifts, writing lots of words in our cards, talking about the past and the future, and staying up late to watch a movie in its entirety without stopping it. (That rarely happens with a 17 month old around.) We were also planning a sushi night and we were looking forward to it for weeks! Seriously, the day before our dinner I was describing to Paul how slowly I was going to eat. (That also rarely happens with a 17 month old around.) And wouldn't you know it, I woke up extremely sick the day of our dinner. I drugged myself up as much as possible but I still felt terrible. It probably didn't help that I wasn't eating because I was "saving room" for all-you-can-eat sushi. We still went through all of the motions, leaving Liam with his grandma and uncle, but when we got to the door of the restaurant I just couldn't do it. All I wanted was my bed and some dry toast. So Paul took me home and I cried the whole way back about how I ruined our honeymoon and now I'm ruining our 5th anniversary. Why am I always sick!? Paul, of course, told me not to be sorry and he took good care of me and Liam while I was sick. I'm now on antibiotics and a sushi dinner night is in the works!


No comments:

Post a Comment