Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Playroom Plans

When we bought our house, one of the biggest selling points for us was the loft. We LOVE having a loft. We had so many plans for it when we moved in. It's the first room that was completely decorated and we were excited to create a "game room." Ah, the dreams you have before parenthood. We made Paul's mom keep the pool table she wanted to get rid of so badly because we knew we wanted it in the loft. Truth be told, we have played pool MAYBE five times in the last three years and the table has become our storage/ laundry folding table. Finally, last summer, we took the beautiful ceiling fan down and moved it into our bedroom where we really needed it. Then, in December, we took all of the art and pictures down and moved them downstairs since our walls were pretty bare and we never use the loft. But, I'm still excited about the loft but, instead of planning a game room we will never use I'm planning a "playroom!" I'm soooo excited about this!

I started looking into children's art and I discovered pretty quickly that a lot of it is plain old cheesy. But, here are some ideas and inspiration I've been looking at lately.

The main thing I like about this room is the art. It's homemade art that is hung on twine with clips or clothespins. What a great idea! I'm pretty sure I want to either use this idea or frame some of Liam's works of art. The great thing about the first option is that you can change it out regularly! I also want to put a child's table in the loft and the cubbies in the back are pretty similar to the ones I'm looking into purchasing. Liam has some pretty similar ones in his bedroom but I'd like a set for the playroom for toy storage.

 



I also really like the cliche "alphabet art" but I'm thinking I want to purchase wooden letters from the craft store and have Liam decorate them with paint or markers or stickers or whatever.



I really really want a book display.


And here's another look at some cubbies.


Also, I would love to move our furniture up to the loft and purchase new stuff for downstairs but I think I just may be dreaming on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment