Friday, February 25, 2011

Cheer


 You had to know it was coming. Today I'm flashing back to the days when I was a cheerleader. Well, I was a cheerleader for, like, a million years so, more particularly, I'm flashing back to a time when I worked and cheered at RC Club Cheer.


The above photo was taken by my supportive husband as he sat watching a private lesson I was taking. Bored out of his mind I'm sure. By the looks of the gigantic fan and the open door on the left I'm assuming it was a hot day in the sweltering gym. It was probably the kind of day we used to dread and looking back on it now I feel so homesick for it. Well, maybe not homesick but definitely nostalgic. I do feel homesick for the gym itself though. It was an incredible 4 years of my life and I love the memories I made and the people I met there. I don't miss getting punched in the face by flying elbows or catching sweaty, slippery people who are flying at you from unsafe distances. And I don't miss spending entire weekends at a competition just to perform for 2.5 minutes. But I do miss the feeling you have after an incredible workout (I really need to do it more often) and the accomplishment you feel after finally hitting a stunt or a tumbling pass that you've been working on for months. I really loved it for a really long time and it will always be a part of me.


Oh, and I miss wearing a half top and feeling confident in it. I've had a kid. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment