Every year I am so anxious to put our Christmas decorations up and get in the holiday spirit. Every year Paul sticks to his guns about not putting anything out until the day after Thanksgiving. This year he surprised me. We were going to bed on the Monday night before Thanksgiving and out of nowhere he said, "I think we should put the tree up tomorrow." WHAT!!?? No complaints here! So we got up in the morning and before I could even eat breakfast he was bringing the tree in from the garage, Bing Crosby was singing our favorite holiday tunes (another post-Thanksgiving rule broken) and Liam was running around like a crazy person from the excitement of it all. The tree was as far as we got that morning but it was so much fun letting Liam put ornaments on the tree for his very first time.
If you're wondering if Liam always wears those goggles the answer is yes. He walks around "fixing" everything in the house, including people, and if we are ever working on household projects the goggles must be worn. Safety first.
I think the ladder was just as appealing to Liam as the tree was. The plan was to let him hang safe ornaments at the bottom where he can reach them and breakable ones at the top where he can't but that all went out the window when he decided he wanted to hang ornaments from the ladder.
The house is now ready for Santa as well as Paul's vacation. I can't wait to celebrate my favorite month with my favorite people!
i love the goggles!
ReplyDelete