Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful


Thanksgiving 2010
I wrote a post last year about what I'm thankful for. I almost didn't want to write another one this year because it's so similar to the one from last year but I'm going to do it anyway. It's the time of year when you should be thinking about these kinds of things (though you should really be thinking about them all the time) so I decided to make a new list for 2011.

1. Paul- I used to pray for God to send me a husband who would love me and take care of me but I never realized how amazing that man would really be. He is all I ever wanted and the fact that God continues to bless our marriage, provide for us, and give us beautiful children is way beyond my understanding. I don't deserve it but I'm so very thankful.

2. Liam- I talk about him constantly so you all know how I feel about this little guy. He's my whole world.

3. Brygit- I haven't met her yet but we are definitely bonding. I'm enjoying her kicks and nudges and I can't wait to learn how much more my heart can expand for another child.

 4. All of my other family including my amazing in-laws who have welcomed me into their family as one of their own.

5. My friends- I have some great ones! The most generous, caring people in the world.

6. Food and shelter- say what you will about that sounding cliche but people go without those things every day and I don't take it lightly that I am provided for.

7. The opportunity to stay home with my children. I finally found my purpose and, as difficult as it can be, I love it!

8. Health and safety- These are two things I pray for constantly. My husband, children, and I have been kept healthy and out of danger thus far and I don't ever want to take that for granted.

9. Happiness- There are so many unhappy people in the world and so many things to be unhappy about. I'm thankful that my family is a happy one. Not that we are all smiles all the time but we have a joy that can never be taken away.

10. I'm thankful that I'm a Christian who knows that I can trust and depend on God for everything in my life. I would hate to think I was doing it all alone.

Now, enjoy some pictures of my silly little boy from last year's Thanksgiving!


1 comment: