Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Fun


Now that it is officially November and all my skeletons are put back in my closet (wait, that doesn't sound right) I've been busy downloading lots of Christmas music that I have been forbidden to listen to until after Thanksgiving and counting down the days until Paul's vacation (4 more weeks! He only has to go into work 14 more times! Yay!) But we are still enjoying our massive amount of candy and recovering from our super fun Halloween.

We started out a couple of weeks ago with a trip to the pumpkin patch.



We brought our perfect pumpkin home and carved right in. This may have been a mistake since we had to throw our poor Jack-o-Lantern out a couple days before Halloween. It didn't quite make it.

Liam's favorite part was taking the lid off and replacing it repeatedly. He is really into puzzles these days so I think he was enjoying how it fit neatly into place. He wasn't really into helping, though. He didn't want to touch the yucky insides of the pumpkin so he used a spoon to scoop it out then he and I sat on the couch with a bowl of popcorn while Paul worked his magic.


Liam's new favorite activity became blowing the candle out then asking us to relight it over and over again.

A few days later we attended Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland. I have to be honest here and say that I wasn't too impressed at first. The tickets are really expensive so I really wanted to make the most of it but it was way crowded, a tad bit disorganized for a while as Disneyland closes and the party begins at the exact same time, really loud, really dark, and everyone was on a crazy sugar high. A little too chaotic for my tastes but once we got some food in us, the crowds dispersed throughout the park, and the crazy people finally hit their sugar crash we ended up having a really good time. Liam learned how to Trick or Treat, he rode a few rides, and we got to celebrate Halloween with Paul which is really the main reason we wanted to go. Paul worked all day Halloween so he didn't get much time with Liam who was so much fun this year with his costume and candy.

It was also pretty cute to see Liam and his Buzz dressed cousin playing together.

As for Halloween day, Liam and I went to the library play group like we usually do on Mondays where all the kids were in costume and the library had a couple trick or treat stations set up around the building for a little costume parade. In the afternoon, we went to a local Senior Citizens' home with MOMS Club for some more Trick or Treating. The residents were so excited to see the little ones all dressed up and to be able to join in the fun even though they are mainly indoors. They all put their pumpkins outside of the doors to their rooms and they stood or sat in the doorways handing out candy to all the little ones. Liam really liked it and I loved the way I felt after I left. Too many times I forget about people who aren't given the opportunity to enjoy holidays like we young, healthy people do. I am so looking forward to doing it again next year.

When Paul got off work we drove down to his parents' house where Liam got some more cousin play time in and we had some delicious food and great company.  I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment