Friday, January 20, 2012

The big three- oh

I haven't blogged in forever! Life has been keeping me very busy with very fun things. Last weekend I threw a surprise party for Paul's 30th birthday, this weekend is my baby shower and next weekend is our anniversary followed by the month of February where I hope I have enough time to file our taxes, take maternity pictures and finish all baby prep before Brygit arrives. All while extremely pregnant.




My goal is to blog about it all so let's start with Paul's birthday. My poor husband has been mildly sulking in the weeks leading up to his 30th birthday. I teased him a lot but the truth is it must be really hard to say goodbye to your 20s. Life seems to speed up the older you get so you start to dread the celebration of each passing year. So I wanted to do something fun and out of the ordinary to commemorate this milestone while showing him how many people love him and how great his life is. I said that it was me that threw the party but the truth is that I planned it then I got him to the location on time. His family did the rest. Decorations, food, parking their cars down the street, hiding in the dark. It was all very fun and very generous of them all. One of his brothers was scheduled to work that night and he was able to get off work while another drove his family about 5 hours to make it to the party. Seriously the most heartwarming gestures ever.


The party was a blast and we celebrated throughout the week with little things like sushi for lunch,  presents and a date night in the works. Paul has accomplished so much and made so many wonderful memories throughout his 20s. I can't wait to see what his 30s have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment