Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Is it too early to be done?


I'm 31 weeks in this photo but I'm pushing 33 weeks at the moment and I feel like I've doubled in size since this picture was taken. However, it's the most recent so that's what you get. I have really enjoyed this pregnancy thus far and my symptoms have been pretty mild or short-lived for the most part. But now that I am 7 weeks away from D Day I feel free to announce that I AM DONE BEING PREGNANT!! I keep telling myself that it's a good thing to feel that way. If I were happy right where I am then I would never last through labor and delivery. It's nice to feel like "bring on the contractions, baby! And not these little Braxton Hicks. The REAL ones!" In all seriousness, I hope she stays in until she's good and ready which isn't now. But I am counting down and trying to give myself little milestones to look forward to so that I don't go completely insane.

At the moment I have heartburn pretty much all the time. Citrus and spicy foods are the worst. They rarely sound good to me anymore. My pelvic pressure has moved down into my legs which cramp up at times. My lower back on my left side near my tailbone has some pain which makes me limp or waddle a lot. Most recently, I slept wrong and woke up with pain that feels like a pulled muscle beneath my ribs on my right side. It hurts when I move wrong or cough (which is awesome since I have a cold at the moment). Brygit is super good at martial arts and she knows just where to kick me to make me double over. I haven't slept through the night due to pain, discomfort, bathroom trips, heartburn and Liam in I don't know how long. You get the picture. I'm ready to get this baby out of me! Not to mention, I am so super excited that I can barely stand it. I can't wait to meet my little girl, hold her in my arms and introduce her to Liam. Becoming a mother the first time was so incredible that I can't even imagine what it's like to be able to experience it a second time. I'm feeling extremely lucky and extremely antsy. Let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment